lunes, 18 de abril de 2011

38 weeks, 4 days!!!

So..we went to the doctor today and he scheduled an induction for this WEDNESDAY the 20th!!!  He thinks it's best to induce not only to control bleeding and to give me the chance to get an epidural (otherwise impossible), but also because Nathan is measuring nearly 9 pounds and this way he can make sure he's there since he's the one that knows the most about my case and won't be in the hospital over the Easter weekend.  I have to go to the hospital tomorrow to reserve blood for a transfusion, which definitely shouldn't be necessary, but this doctor prefers to play it safe.  The baby is still high, but the doctor's confident that I can do this naturally.  I want to try without an epidural, but we'll see how that goes.  My parents are on the plane on their way here now and we're so excited that they'll make it for the birth.  We have everything ready for our little boy (well, except for the crib mattress that we had to order because it's a special size).  My last day at school was this Friday.  It was sad to say goodbye to everyone, but I was happy because it meant that my baby was coming that much sooner.  We're so excited to meet him!!!  Please be praying that everything will go smoothly and I won't end up needing a cesarean.  My next blog will be of my precious baby boy!  Woohoo!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario